Sunday, October 7, 2007

A STRONG FINISH TO A SOLID TRILOGY


THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM:
"Remember everything. Forgive nothing."

I'm not sure if this movie is still in theatres, but man was it good! Throughout this entire set of movies I was continually impressed by the level of book to screen adaptation. I read all three of Robert Ludlum's 'Bourne' books when I was about 14 ,after finding my grandfathers collection of Ludlum novels, and they have stuck with me for years afterward as really solid writing. I was overjoyed that despite some rewriting to fit Jason Bourne and his story onto the screen, this movie carried with it some of that same intensity that made the novels so gripping.
Absolutely no spoilers for this movie. If you have seen the other two, then you know what to expect. And if you haven't, then I suggest that you rent all three of these movies that I'm sure will become a classic trilogy in the near and far future.
And read the books!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogroll Me!

No comments: